It’s pudding, again, I know. I don’t think I’ve ever repeated a dish so quickly after doing it the first time. Remember the Pistachio Pudding from the other day?
Well this one is the same, but different. “Why?” you might ask. It’s egg-less! To be honest, I like this one a little more. I like practical recipes. And “bare-pantry-friendly” recipes. This is a great one because I know I’ll have all of these ingredients in the pantry at any one time. Plus, it’s a cinch, no heating one thing, then mixing it into another, then pouring it back into the other thing. Talk about a hassle!
So I am deeming this “the World’s Simplest Pudding™“.
You take some dry ingredients.
And some wet ingredients.
Mix them in a saucepan & put the heat on.
Then you add some chocolate.
And you stir in some vanilla.
After some time in the fridge, it’s done!
Seriously, how easy is that!?
from Joy the Baker
- 2 T sugar
- 2 T cornflour
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C cream
- 115 g fine-quality milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Put all the dry ingredients in a medium saucepan and mix well.
- Add in the milk and cream and stir over medium/high heat.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, keep stirring until it’s thickened slightly, a couple of minutes, no more.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the chocolate until it’s melted then add vanilla essence and stir.
- Pour the pudding mix into serving bowls and cover the surface with clingwrap to avoid a skin developing.
- Put them in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
I think that pudding will be a regular in my repertoire. It’s so versatile!
You could leave out the cocoa and use white chocolate.
You could add peanut butter.
You could use dark chocolate (and the Dutch Pressed Cocoa) with orange essence instead of vanilla.
You could add use lavender sugar and vanilla bean paste.
You could use the Pistachio Paste we made (or any other nut paste, Macadamia Pudding anyone?), mix it with everything and just put the mixture through a strainer before putting it into the serving bowl/s.
There are so many options, just you wait until I show you what mine went into!